April 24, 2017
In a sense, perfectionism can be a positive trait. You value hard work and things done properly but it can become something negative when you obsess over perfection. Based on this article I've put together 8 signs that show you are a perfectionist:
- You don't allow any mistakes
- You are too hard on yourself
- Your standards are extremely high
- You spot mistakes where others don't see any. Sometimes those mistakes are real, however there can be times when they are a figment of the imagination.
- You procrastinate, not because you are lazy but because you have to do things at the "right" moment
- You find it hard to work with people because you want things done in a certain way
- When you don't achieve your goals, you believe it's all your fault and get depressed
- You keep thinking you can do better and therefore you are never 100% satisfied with your work
I can relate to each and every one of those signs, how about you?
Sometimes I wonder if it would be better to dial down my perfectionism, especially when it becomes an obsession. But just like anything involving a change in the human psyche, I believe that to be extremely hard. Plus, I'm a passionate person and I like to give my best in everything I do. That gives me really hard times, sure, but the satisfaction of work well done makes it worth it.
Are you born a perfectionist or do you become one? In my case it's probably a combination of the two. My parents are perfectionists -that means it is in my genes- and have brought me up to do my best in every single aspect of life.
sandals with fruits on the upper strap which are also from Des Petits Hauts or these red Castaner espadrilles. I'm also looking for red drop earrings and a wicker bag.
You see, I don't normally buy the first thing I see. I look and look until I find the perfect thing, that's why it takes me a while to complete my outfits. Because apart from being a perfectionist I am a person of "extremes", either I like something a lot, or I don't like it at all. There's nothing in between for me. So I'm hoping that by summer time I will be satisfied with my outfit.
I keep saying that rompers are not practical, especially when you have to use a public bathroom but I keep buying them...The thing is that just like dresses they dress you up instantly and they come in the prettiest prints. This fuchsia romper and this denim one are still among my favorite pieces in my closet. Are you a fan of rompers?
Des Petits Hauts romper
Mango blazer (US/Spain)
Mr Boho sunglasses (similar under $70)
MY FAVORITE ROMPERS
personality trait - a quality of one's personal nature (rasgo de personalidad)
to strive for - fight for
figment of the imagination - producto de la imaginación
procrastinate - potspone
dial down - reduce
bring someone up - educate